Tuesday, November 8, 2011

St. Louis Art Museum Monet Poster Debut

For the last few years I have been a part of the St.Louis Art Museum Teacher Advisory Committee.  This has been a fabulous experience and given me a chance to present at their teacher workshops twice now.  After the most recent workshop I am feeling much more confident in my presenting skills and I am hoping to present at MAEA in the spring. 

So the presentation was based on the Monet's Waterlillies Exhibition currently at the St. Louis Art Museum.  I presented a lesson plan based on the idea that you can connect the idea of hybridization of plants and art. I talked about Mendel and his pea plants.  How he isolated 5 specific characteristics of the plants to try and make offspring with specifically desired traits.

My final lesson included these 3D flowers...







No comments:

Post a Comment